- Serves 8 SERVINGS
- 2 limes, juice from 1 (about 2 tbsp), divided, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 daikon radish (approximately 7 inches long x 3 inches in diameter, peeled and very thinly sliced into 16 strips
- 1 just-ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup loosely packed torn basil leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into thin 2-inch-long slices
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, plus more for seasoning
In a shallow dish, whisk together 1 tbsp lime juice, oil, and 1⁄4 tsp salt. Submerge daikon slices in lime juice mixture and marinate in the refrigerator until slices are pliable, 30–40 minutes. Remove daikon and pat dry; reserve liquid.
In a food processor, combine avocado, basil, 2 tsp lime juice, and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt and blend until mostly smooth (small bits of basil may remain). Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a bowl, toss spinach with enough reserved liquid to lightly coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. In a second bowl, toss mango slices with remaining 1 tsp lime juice and chili powder.
Lay daikon slices vertically on a cutting board. Spread each with a thin layer of avocado mixture. Divide spinach and mango over each. Roll up each daikon strip away from you to create two bite-size bundles. Serve garnished with additional chili powder and lime wedges.
- Calories: 99
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 170 mg