This mudra connects us to our higher Self, helps lift dull energy, creates a more receptive state, calms the mind, and brightens the overall mood. It is often used in meditation, pranayama, and asana.
chin = consciousness; mudra = seal, gesture
- Rest your hands on top of your thighs with your palms open.
- Gently tuck the tip of the index finger under the tip of the thumb, keeping the remaining three fingers lightly extended.
- Relax the back of the hands on top of the thighs, with the palms facing upward.
- Connects us to our higher Self
- Lifts dull energy
- Creates a more receptive state
- Calms the mind
- Brightens the overall mood
Did You Know?
In the chin mudra the index finger represents individual consciousness and the thumb represents universal consciousness. The index finger represents the limited perspective of self and the thumb is the expanded perspective of Self. When the two join, the limited self is connected to the spacious Universal Self.