Ever wanted to go to Rishikesh, the yoga abode tucked away in the Himalayas? Or to Mysore, South India’s yoga capital? Why not go to both with someone who will ensure comfort, safety and above all, a great spiritual experience.
Yoga Journal Singapore invites you to Yoga Yatra, a Journey of a Lifetime. Yatra means ‘journey’ or ‘pilgrimage’ in Sanskrit, and most yogis want to go to India at least once in their lifetime. Many are unsure of how and who to go with, so we thought we can help make it possible for you.
Author and Yoga Journal Singapore editor, Kavita Chandran, will lead this trip, which first goes to Rishikesh where she will attend the International Yoga Festival with you. You will stay at the pristine Aloha on the Ganges (picture above). She will then guide you to Mysore, where she received her teacher training and you will stay in the yoga shala that inspired her to author her book The Head that won’t Stand. In Mysore, you will learn from Acharya Bharath Shetty, the protagonist in her book and a man whose teachings are deep rooted in yogic philosophy and ancient wisdom.
This trip could change your outlook and perspective on many things, and will be an experience you will never forget. Fly the best, stay with the best and learn from the best.
“I am so excited to lead this trip. There is much to learn about my roots in India, about the birth place of yoga and about spirituality surrounding the Ganges river. I can’t wait to lead this yatra – it’s great that I speak the language, understand various dialects, am familiar with traditions and cultures; safety and comfort will be top on my list, of course.”
– Kavita Chandran, Yoga Journal Editor-In-Chief
ITINERARY – Mar 01 to Mar 10
- 01 Mar 2018 –– SG to Delhi 1115 hours (Jet Airways 9W19G), Arrival 1445.
- 01 Mar 2018 – Delhi to Dehradun 1615 (Jet Air 9W2652G) Arrival 1725
- 01 Mar 2018 – A/C Shuttle to Rishikesh 1745, less than 2 hours
- 01 Mar 2018 – Arrive in Aloha on the Ganges Rishikesh for dinner
- 01 Mar – 04 Mar – Aloha on the Ganges. Choose single or double stay.
- 02 – 04 Mar – Attend International Yoga Festival. Day passes will be provided.
- 05 Mar 2018 – Depart Rishikesh at 0700 to Dehradun
- 05 Mar 2018 – Dehradun to Delhi 1050 (Jet Air 9W2837G)
- 05 Mar 2018 – Delhi to Bangalore (Jet Air 9W 823G)
- 05 Mar 2018 – Overnight stay at Taj Vivanta Bangalore
- 06 Mar 2018 – A/C Bus to Mysore. 2 hour drive.
- 06 Mar – 09 Mar 2018 – Stay at Yoga Dhama at Indea Yoga Mysore. Mysore retreat by Acharya Bharath Shetty.
- 10 Mar 2018 – Depart Mysore at 0600
- 10 Mar 2018 – Return to Singapore, 1110 (Jet Air 9W24G). Arrival 1810.
Please email email@example.com to get details on how to reserve your spot!
Total price US $2,999 (Air travel, yoga festival, accommodation, meals, yoga teaching, ground transportation – all inclusive)!
You can join the group in New Delhi if you live in India. Total price US $2699
IMPORTANT: Please note that we need a minimum of 10 signups for this retreat to take place. If you’re interested, do write in so that we can confirm your spot. We will not be taking any queries after Jan 28, 2018. If we are unable to get 10 signups, your payment will be refunded to you in full on Jan 30, 2018.
Please carry warm clothing (it’s quite cold in the Himalayas!), and leave your figure-hugging-yoga-clothing and egos behind.
There isn’t much time. Text +65 9644 9436 if you are very interested and want to book your spot right away.